Every person of all ages and abilities has the right to
1. Explore and interpret his/her creative abilities.
2. Develop trust in herself/himself and in others.
3. Be rewarded for originality rather than for conformity.
4. Choose, think, believe or not believe, act, experiment, construct or not construct.
5. Be free to make mistakes.
6. Be free from external evaluations imposed by others.
7. Have the freedom to be different.
8. Have the freedom to express her/his honest feelings in non-destructive ways to self or others: feelings of anger, aggression, frustration, joy, sorrow.
9. Express himself/herself in all of the expressive arts.
(adapted from A Child’s Right to the Expressive Arts, author unknown)