Imagine the freedom of playing your own rhythms and creating wonderful harmony with others.
Imagine the joy bubbling up from the circle as you share in creating the music.
Anyone can join in because it’s easy. All you have to do is let your hand fall on the drum, or bang 2 sticks together, or shake a rattle. Everyone can contribute, no matter what their rhythmical ability.
- Increases immune system response
- Activates memory
- Enhances clarity and focus
- Releases stress and tension
- Promotes feelings of joy and well being
- Builds community
- Enhances listening skills
- Helps transcend language and individual differences
- Releases negative emotions
Recreational Music Making is lively, fun filled, energizing, and revitalizing. To learn more, see the article: Round Rhythms: Recreational Music Making for Health and Vitality.
As a trained drum circle facilitator, Barbara’s role is to guide the process along and empower the group.
She uses a variety of games and songs to bring out the rhythms, steps into the circle to orchestrate when needed, the rest is up to the group.
ROUND RHYTHMS for ANY POPULATION and ANY FUNCTION
- Adults with Special Needs at Day Programs, Celebrations, Conferences
- Children: scouts, church groups, summer camps
- Community Gatherings such as Celebrations, Fundraisers, Retreats
- Elders in Nursing Homes, Assisted Living and Day Programs
- Professional Programs at Meetings, Conferences, Retreats, Celebrations
Barbara can direct the circle in a way that will tie into an existing program or topic. She can also design a program specifically for the needs of your group.
ROUND RHYTHMS for HEALTH AND VITALITY
Playing drums is good for you. The vibrations give your body an internal massage. Clinical studies have proven that group drumming increases the immune system response.
As a trained HealthRHYTHMS facilitator, Barbara combines elements of protocol with her unique facilitation style. In addition to rhythm games and songs, breathing and visualization exercises are integrated into the circle.
- To see the video of Barbara facilitating a community drum circle, click HERE.
- For more photos of Recreational Music Making with Barbara Karmazyn, click HERE, or click on any photo on this page.
- For a selected list of Barbara’s Round Rhythms Clients, click HERE.